Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our favorite Christmas gift!

Since I didn't care if we found out the sex of the baby or not, and Jamie definitely wanted to find out, our compromise was to go for our ultrasound the Monday before Christmas, and have the lady place the pictures in an envelope for us to open on Christmas. I then proceeded to wrap the envelope to ensure that no one tampered with it before it was time to open it! Ha! WE actually opened our gift on Christmas Eve right before we went to bed, then shared the contents of our precious envelope with our families on Christmas morning.

This is what it looked like wrapped...

Opening...there's the envelope!
I was nice and let Jamie look first - IT'S A GIRL!!!
This is my kind-of-real-surprise-kind-of-fake-surprise face. :) (and please remember this was RIGHT BEFORE bed...hence my super cool outfit!)
ALMOST everyone we knew was convinced it was a boy prior to seeing these pictures. So, we had not even begun discussing GIRL names. While our plan is to not reveal the final name until the baby arrives, at this rate...we're not going to have one by then anyway! Ha! I will put some ultrasound pics up in the next few days along with pictures from our Christmas and New Year's travels...
Happy New Year!






3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, I was one who just knew the baby would be a girl. But then again, I nearly always say that for anyone! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having a girl! They are so much fun. I hope she is just like you... you were always fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete